After taking a few months off to heal from overworking my neck and arms, I'm
back and hope to be able to share encouraging posts again. In the time it took for me to heal, I thought a lot about the steps it took for me to feel better and how those things made me stronger, hence the title of this post, 'Fortified Success.'
So how do we fortify something?
The picture is of the beautiful Castillo de San Marcos in Saint Augustine. I've been here many times when visiting Saint Augustine. It is about an hour from where I live. You can see in the photo that a vast stone wall has fortified the Fort to protect it from outside enemies. I can think of some other ways strengthening things can make them more vital, vitamins in our cereal or Vitamin D in our milk. So thinking in this way, we can think of other ways the word 'fortified' can be used to apply to things in our lives.
We can fortify just about anything in our lives, our businesses, our health, our relationships, etc.
So what are some components you use to reinforce your success in life?
First and foremost in my life, it's Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
He sends his angels to guard me,
His Holy Spirit to live within me and to lead me and fortify me with his power.
So, in essence, he is my initial go-to, my first reach.
Then in all other things, he will uplift my endeavors, and provision will take place.
So in my healing process I rested, I received multiple doctors care and followed their instruction. It honestly took some patience on my part, because this was going to require it. The frustration was real. My heart wanted to work on jewelry and write. However in order to heal and be stronger, patience was a necessary part of the journey.
So, of course, there's a personal work, and it's essential to engage, right? By nurturing ourselves in learning and trusting God, and allowing him to fill in the gaps, is a crucial element and sometimes a complex concept for us humans to grasp. Releasing our control and allowing him to be in charge can be challenging to say the least. In doing this my patience was made stronger.
In my opinion, our first work is to plunge into the word and allow the holy spirit access to our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls. In doing this, healing can begin. We can heal our minds and strengthen our souls through counseling, prayer, accountability, worshipping through song, dance, and instruction. Then the training of our bodies to be strong and fit for the job that we are about to accomplish. I honestly believe that it's all connected.
Starting today will refresh us and give us momentum for tomorrow and the steps necessary for success. Regardless of age or our physical condition, there are always some improvements that can be made. So be proud of the baby steps, and no need to compare yourself to the next guy.
We enhance our work with the tools we need to stay on top and grow in our businesses, marriages, and other relationships. Acknowledging our weaknesses and establishing accountability with a counselor or trusted friend can keep us in an honest place to flourish and neutralize failure.
Whatever those things might be that keep us connected and in the loop, he will show us.
Continuing education, practical application, and practice of the skill or academia that we are in will increase our awareness of the area of expertise we desire to pursue. Finding a life-giving well to draw from will keep us from getting stagnant and fearful.
So the power from heaven is there for you! It's there for you and me to connect to, within our marriages, relationships, education, businesses, and hobbies.
He will navigate us throughout the process if we ask him. Make it fun, and do what you can today; because tomorrow will take care of itself.
Here are some scriptures that constantly encourage me.
The Passion Translation
7 “Ask, and the gift is yours. Seek, and you’ll discover. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. 8 For every persistent one will get what he asks for. Every constant seeker will find out what he is longing for. And everyone who knocks persistently will one day find an open door.
The Passion Translation
5 Trust in the Lord entirely
and do not rely on your own opinions.
With all your heart, rely on him to guide you,
and he will lead you in every decision you make.
6 Become intimate with him in whatever you do,
and he will show you where to go.
Proverbs 3:6 Or, “He will cut a straight path before you.
1. Jeremiah 1:5 – Before you were formed in your mother’s womb, God approved you and called you a prophet.
2. Romans 8:28 – All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
3. Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
4. Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.
5. James 2:26 – As the body without the spirit is dead, faith without works is dead.
6. Habukkah 2:2 – And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
7. Proverbs 29:18 – Where there is no vision, the people perish.
8. Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
9. Proverbs 16:3 – Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
10. Philippians 1:6 – Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
11. Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, all these things shall be added unto you.
12. Philippians 4:6 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God.
13. Proverbs 23:7 – For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.
14. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind.
15. John 10:10 – I have come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.
BONUS: Deuteronomy 8:18 – But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.